[BlueObelisk-discuss] Impact
Egon Willighagen
2014-05-14 10:13:53 UTC
Hi all,

some weeks ago I started making an ImpactStory profile for the Blue
Obelisk. May service as back pocket material if you promote the Blue
Obelisk. It's hard to say we do not have impact, and I think we
succeeded in making a change.

I have followed Figure 4 from the second Blue Obelisk paper, and
listed papers and software hosted on GitHub (no SourceForge support at
this moment):

https://impactstory.org/BlueObelisk

If you find your project missing (likely), please send me the DOI or
GitHub URL (please only for top level projects, so I list only
bioclipse.core).

The ImpactStory page doesn't feature an logo/icon, and this may be a
good moment to standardize on one, and put that on our project front
pages (something that keeps coming up now and then but something we
never all did...)

Egon
--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
Rzepa, Henry S
2014-05-14 10:26:22 UTC
I had not imagined that Impact story would apply to groups as well as individuals, but it makes great sense.

ImpactStory also operates against an individual’s ORCiD identifier, and I am not aware that a group can also acquire a ORCiD?

Also, we have been using the ORCID public API to authenticate ORCID identifies into applications (such as eg an ELN or a digital repository), so that the trust is firm and complete. I wonder how that might be useful for collaborative applications such as eg CDK, JSmol and the like? Would all the contributor’s ORCIDs bee needed?
never all did…)
Egon Willighagen
2014-05-14 10:30:25 UTC
Post by Rzepa, Henry S
I wonder how that might be useful for collaborative applications such as eg CDK, JSmol and the like? Would all the contributor’s ORCIDs bee needed?
Interesting idea! Passed along to @ImpactStory:
https://twitter.com/egonwillighagen/status/466525714376712192

Egon
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
Peter Murray-Rust
2014-05-14 11:29:28 UTC
Thanks Egon,

I am giving a keynote on Open Data at the Hinxton Genome Campus tomorrow
and will highlight this.

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Egon Willighagen <
Post by Egon Willighagen
[...]
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069
Egon Willighagen
2014-05-14 11:37:48 UTC
I am giving a keynote on Open Data at the Hinxton Genome Campus tomorrow and
will highlight this.
Ah, that reminds me I still had to upload BODR 10 to FigShare... now done:

http://figshare.com/articles/Blue_Obelisk_Data_Repository_10/1025775

Egon
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
Craig James
2014-05-14 13:43:10 UTC
I don't know if a web site qualifies as a paper...

www.opensmiles.org

Craig

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 3:13 AM, Egon Willighagen <
Post by Egon Willighagen
[...]
Craig A. James
Chief Technology Officer
eMolecules, Inc.
---------------------------------
Egon Willighagen
2014-05-14 13:48:08 UTC
Post by Craig James
www.opensmiles.org
Yes, checked and website can indeed be listed. Added!

Egon
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
Karol M. Langner
2014-05-22 14:36:22 UTC
Hi Egon,

You could also add cclib:
paper: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.20823
repo: https://github.com/cclib/cclib
docs: http://cclib.github.io/

Cheers,
Karol
Post by Egon Willighagen
[...]
written by Karol M. Langner
Thu May 22 10:34:33 EDT 2014
Egon Willighagen
2014-05-23 07:27:13 UTC
Hi Karol, all,

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Karol M. Langner
Post by Karol M. Langner
paper: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.20823
repo: https://github.com/cclib/cclib
I added these two, but not the webpage... I have done that only for
the main Blue Obelisk website, and Open SMILES because that does not
other "publication"...
Post by Karol M. Langner
docs: http://cclib.github.io/
Should it also list all project specific web (or documentation) pages?

Egon
ORCID: 0000-0001-7542-0286
Karol M. Langner
2014-05-24 18:02:18 UTC
Hi Egon,

Great, i don't think you need to list all the pages. I just provided it for reference.

- Karol
Post by Karol M. Langner
docs: http://cclib.github.io/
Should it also list all project specific web (or documentation) pages?
Egon
--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT