[BlueObelisk-discuss] Database question
Alex Gorbounov
2013-04-08 17:09:08 UTC
Hello, all,

I would like to design a database to support group contribution methods. Since the model is the primary focus of this project at the moment, I only need a primitive DB, with main requirement of being able to represent the groups correctly. If anyone can offer any tips, thoughts, references, links; those would be highly appreciated.

Great thanks.
Geoffrey Hutchison
2013-04-09 16:38:39 UTC
Post by Alex Gorbounov
I would like to design a database to support group contribution methods. Since the model is the primary focus of this project at the moment, I only need a primitive DB, with main requirement of being able to represent the groups correctly. If anyone can offer any tips, thoughts, references, links; those would be highly appreciated.
It depends on how big you intend to grow this database, but you can stick to flat-file organization for many things (e.g., hundreds or thousands of groups). I’d organize the functional groups into SMARTS, which can be used with many toolkits.

Hope that helps,
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison