[BlueObelisk-discuss] Twitter account
Egon Willighagen
2016-03-07 12:32:49 UTC
Hi all,

with all the Open storms around now, which is good, it's important
that the Blue Obelisk stays on the radar. It's doing important things
and if not well-known it will be easily overlooked. And there remains
so much to be done in chemistry...

(BTW, anyone among us going to the upcoming Dutch Open Science
Conference in April? Sadly (for me), I have been put on the waiting
list...)

So, would like to start using the @blueobeliskx account for tweeting
releases of Blue Obelisk software, RT meetings, and the sort. This
account used to be used by the Blue Obelisk eXchange, but because the
Shapado people are missing in action, and my login no longer works,
that (as Rich predicted) is a lost platform at this moment...

Is everyone OK with that? Please let me know if you like access to the
account too, so that others can help with the tweeting and RT-ing.

Egon
--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
ImpactStory: https://impactstory.org/EgonWillighagen
Peter Murray-Rust
2016-03-07 12:46:12 UTC
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Egon Willighagen <
Post by Egon Willighagen
Hi all,
with all the Open storms around now, which is good,
Yes
Post by Egon Willighagen
it's important
that the Blue Obelisk stays on the radar. It's doing important things
and if not well-known it will be easily overlooked.
Agreed. Maybe we can produce a catalogue of software and other resources.

And we should look for funding.
Post by Egon Willighagen
And there remains
so much to be done in chemistry...
(BTW, anyone among us going to the upcoming Dutch Open Science
Conference in April? Sadly (for me), I have been put on the waiting
list...)
Not me - there may be people going from Open Knowledge.
Post by Egon Willighagen
Please let me know if you like access to the
account too, so that others can help with the tweeting and RT-ing.
Egon
--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069
Rajarshi Guha
2016-03-07 13:36:02 UTC
Post by Egon Willighagen
releases of Blue Obelisk software, RT meetings, and the sort. This
account used to be used by the Blue Obelisk eXchange, but because the
Shapado people are missing in action, and my login no longer works,
that (as Rich predicted) is a lost platform at this moment...
Is everyone OK with that? Please let me know if you like access to the
account too, so that others can help with the tweeting and RT-ing.
Sounds good to me
--
Rajarshi Guha | http://blog.rguha.net
NIH Center for Advancing Translational Science
Jerome Pansanel
2016-03-07 13:29:48 UTC
Post by Egon Willighagen
Hi all,
with all the Open storms around now, which is good, it's important
that the Blue Obelisk stays on the radar. It's doing important things
and if not well-known it will be easily overlooked. And there remains
so much to be done in chemistry...
(BTW, anyone among us going to the upcoming Dutch Open Science
Conference in April? Sadly (for me), I have been put on the waiting
list...)
I cannot join the meeting (It was in my plan to join the EGI conf early
April, but it is not possible). Probably that some of my colleagues are
going to this conference.
Post by Egon Willighagen
releases of Blue Obelisk software, RT meetings, and the sort. This
account used to be used by the Blue Obelisk eXchange, but because the
Shapado people are missing in action, and my login no longer works,
that (as Rich predicted) is a lost platform at this moment...
Is everyone OK with that? Please let me know if you like access to the
account too, so that others can help with the tweeting and RT-ing.
Please, go on!
Post by Egon Willighagen
Egon
Cheers,