[BlueObelisk-discuss] Google Summer of Code
Geoffrey Hutchison
2016-03-01 15:56:51 UTC
OpenChemistry has been accepted into the Google Summer of Code for 2016 - including Open Babel, Avogadro, cclib and 3DMol.js
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6290185763422208/
http://wiki.openchemistry.org/GSoC_Ideas_2016

If you are a student and interested in doing open chemistry software development this summer (or know of someone who is), we're definitely interested in good proposal ideas.

Looking forward to a summer of great science!

Cheers,
-Geoff
Wibe de Jong
2016-03-01 18:21:45 UTC
Just look dat cclib. Marcus and I worked on parsing everything in an NWChem
output via a Python script, and putting the data in a Chemical JSON format
for NWChem. I probably should contribute some of this here. Also have a
Fortran90 Chemical JSON writer that allows QC codes to write out directly
to Chemical JSON. Looking to build a C++ analogue as both will cover most
codes.

Bert
Karol Langner
2016-03-01 20:49:06 UTC
Hi Bert,

Cross-posting to cclib-dev. That is something we are definitely eager to
build into cclib.

Karol