[BlueObelisk-discuss] Fwd: [wp-discuss] Google Summer of Code 2012
Egon Willighagen
2012-03-18 07:06:32 UTC
Hi all,

I am very happy to let you know what the below mentioned NRNB project,
Bioclipse and the CDK (again) have found their way into the Google
Summer of Code. The main projects for this GSoC are WikiPathways with
PathVisio and Cytoscape, but there are in total 4 project ideas that
involve these two Blue Obelisk projects.

Two project ideas involve writing Bioclipse plugins, one for
PathVisio, one for the Cytoscape huge graph rendering functionality.
When selecting content in these two widgets, they will pass around
selection events, allowing further detail to be visualized in
Bioclipse's other views.

Two other ideas involve the CDK. One is a plugin for PathVisio showing
molecular properties related to NMR and mass spectrometry
(metabolomics oriented). The other idea is to update the Cytoscape
plugin for visualizing chemical structures which was in fact developed
in a previous GSoC.

I invite all students who want a really cool summer job, to brush up
their programming skills, write a terrific application (there are
limited seats; only the best applications will be accepted; starting
coding and interacting early with developers always helps), and hack
on Bioclipse or the CDK this year in the GSoC 2012!

All project ideas can be found at http://nrnb.org/gsoc/ and also read
the below detail.

With kind regards,

Egon

2012-03-18 07:57:27 UTC
Congratulations Egon,

Your continued energy and support is a great encouragement.
--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
+44-1223-763069
Christoph Steinbeck
2012-03-18 11:47:33 UTC
Brillant. And I second what Peter said :)

Kind regards,

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck
Head of Cheminformatics and Metabolism

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..
<GSoC2012Flyer.pdf>------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://p.sf.net/sfu/sfd2d-msazure_______________________________________________
Cdk-user mailing list
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/cdk-user
Antony Williams
2012-03-18 15:19:02 UTC
Good for you Egon...that's great news. I am especially interested in the work you are doing on the NMR and Mass Spec side and would love to contribute expertise, data, APIs as necessary/appropriate to support the project. As you know I still keep my hand very much in the NMR/MS world - you might be interested in this recent paper : http://www.springerlink.com/content/e62777217954068m/ re. MS. I am working on some projects now related to ChemSpider and MS/NMR and it would be good to chat. Maybe there is an opportunity to connect things up?

Cheers

Antony Williams PhD, FRSC
Learn About.Me
Phone: +1 (919) 201-1516
Email: ***@rsc.org
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChemConnector

[...]

DISCLAIMER:

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the addressee only and may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material. It may not be relied upon or disclosed to any other person without the consent of the RSC. If you have received it in error, please contact us immediately. Any advice given by the RSC has been carefully formulated but is necessarily based on the information available, and the RSC cannot be held responsible for accuracy or completeness. In this respect, the RSC owes no duty of care and shall not be liable for any resulting damage or loss. The RSC acknowledges that a disclaimer cannot restrict liability at law for personal injury or death arising through a finding of negligence. The RSC does not warrant that its emails or attachments are Virus-free: Please rely on your own screening. The Royal Society of Chemistry is a charity, registered in England and Wales, number 207890 - Registered office: Thomas Graham House, Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge CB4 0WF