[BlueObelisk-discuss] ACS meeting - dinner?
Peter Murray-Rust
2011-03-09 07:26:57 UTC
There will be quite a lot of us at ACS (Sam and me from Cambridge and others
in CINF, COMP and CHED). I'm there Sunday -> Thurs. when should we have
dinner???
--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
+44-1223-763069
Peter Murray-Rust
2011-03-24 08:39:27 UTC
We haven't yet done anything about a Blue Obelisk dinner at ACS Anaheim. I
am there from Friday to Wed evening - so will go along with what anyone
else organizes.

But I would prefer someone else to organize it - I am down for 5 talks. At
the least I suggest we have a list of participants . So far I know the
following are going:

PMR
Robert Belford
Marcus Hanwell
Sam Adams
Henry Rzepa
and several more...

Do we have a wiki page where this can be entered?
+44-1223-763069
Robert Belford
2011-03-24 19:14:47 UTC
All,

I am willing to try and help out with organizing the BO dinner in Anaheim. I
took a quick look at restaurants and it looked like most are chain
restaurants. Does anyone have any suggestions? Even if you are not going
and have some advice on a restaurant your input would be appreciated.

I also do not have the ability to edit the BO meetings page, even after I
log into Sourceforge. If someone gave me access to that for a week I can
take care of it. In the mean-time we can use the following Google Doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e22eKKM883fXTRRi9lNLZnSfWr_48rXk8Dpn664HrwU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CIiZ6LAM

I set it up so no log-in is required and anyone can edit, (but you need to
use the link).

I took the liberty to add Peter.

Cheers,
Bob
Robert Hanson
2011-03-25 02:58:09 UTC
Is this taken care of? Didn't we meet at a nice restaurant a few blocks from
the hotels last time? Up on Katella Ave?
Bob,
You should have gotten this.
Cheers,
Post by Peter Murray-Rust
We haven't yet done anything about a Blue Obelisk dinner at ACS Anaheim. I
am there from Friday to Wed evening - so will go along with what anyone
else organizes.
But I would prefer someone else to organize it - I am down for 5 talks. At
the least I suggest we have a list of participants . So far I know the
PMR
Robert Belford
Marcus Hanwell
Sam Adams
Henry Rzepa
and several more...
Do we have a wiki page where this can be entered?
--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069
Robert M. Hanson
Professor of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900
Robert Hanson
2011-03-25 22:27:44 UTC
Let's see if this works...

I'm arriving in LA on Saturday and will have time to help organize this.
Monday night would be by far the best for me; Sunday would be OK; I'm
leaving Tuesday. I have a strong visual memory of the area but am unsure if
I was walking North or East when we were last there, in 2004.
Here are some possibilities:

McCormick and Schmicks
http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/Locations/southern-california-los-angeles/anaheim-california/KatellaAve.aspx

California Pizza Kitchen
http://www.cpk.com/

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
http://www.bubbagump.com/

Ghandi Palace
http://www.gandhipalace.com/

Fire and Ice Grill and Bar
http://www.fire-ice.com/

comments?

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900
Rzepa, Henry S
2011-03-26 02:04:07 UTC
How about

http://www.bubbagump.com/locations/anaheim/

However, the down side is no reservations, and when I went to look, the queue was long!

Its about15-20 min from the convention centre

The only other alteranative close to the centre is a host of Steak places.
Peter Murray-Rust
2011-03-26 03:54:27 UTC
I am arriving Saturday (delayed by one day). Happy with Monday.
+44-1223-763069
Marcus D. Hanwell
2011-03-26 16:28:20 UTC
Post by Peter Murray-Rust
I am arriving Saturday (delayed by one day). Happy with Monday.
I don't get in until late on Sunday, Monday would work well for me - I would like to attend the dinner.

Marcus