[BlueObelisk-discuss] Cheminformatics OLCC
Robert E. Belford
2013-09-05 18:05:50 UTC
All,

I'd like to invite you to check out and possibly participate in a
cheminformatics education project David Wild and I are working on, the
ChemInformatics OLCC, http://olcc.ccce.us/ . This project actually
originated from discussions during the BlueObelisk dinner of the 2010 Fall
ACS meeting in Boston, and we have NSF funds to support multiple
contributors. The above site is just getting off the ground and the video
at the bottom of the front page gives a fairly good description of the
project.

Many of you know me, I am not a cheminformatician but an educator (Associate
Professor), who feels there I is a great need to bring cheminformatic
competencies (and awareness) into the curriculum, and I hope many of you
will choose to participate in this intercollegiate project. There are many
facets to this endeavor and I will not attempt to describe them in this
email, but we do have funds to support "online guest lecturers" who are
willing to participate in the project and interact with students for a week
or two. All educational material developed will be open access. Please send
me a private email if you would like more information, ***@ualr.edu.

Also, is anyone organizing a BO dinner for the upcoming ACS meeting in
Indianapolis? I am trying to organize a way for people involved with the
Cheminformatics OLCC to get together and it is looking like 7:00PM Monday
night will be the best time. Maybe meet at Harry's party and then go out. If
no one is organizing a BO dinner, would there be an interest in having one
then? As I said earlier, this project actually evolved out of a BO dinner
discussion in Boston.

Please contact David or myself if you would like further information or are
interested in being involved.

Respectfully,

Bob Belford
Peter Murray-Rust
2013-09-05 19:42:01 UTC
Thanks Bob,
I am more than happy to be involved - have to fit in the logistics
All,****
** **
[...]
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069
Tomkinson, Nicholas
2013-09-06 14:30:52 UTC
I have asked my colleagues inside the AstraZeneca cheminformatics
community and this is something we would like to be involved in. The
details of who would get involved and how we would support it we would
need to decide at a later date, but please consider us.

Regards

Nick tomkinson

I am more than happy to be involved - have to fit in the logistics

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM, Robert E. Belford <***@ualr.edu>
wrote:

[...]

------
Discover the easy way to master current and previous Microsoft
technologies
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=58041391&iu=/4140/ostg.clk
trk
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge
CB2 1EW, UK
+44-1223-763069

AstraZeneca UK Limited is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number: 03674842 and a registered office at 2 Kingdom Street, London, W2 6BD.
Confidentiality Notice: This message is private and may contain confidential, proprietary and legally privileged information. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system and note that you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Any unauthorised use or disclosure of the contents of this message is not permitted and may be unlawful.
Disclaimer: Email messages may be subject to delays, interception, non-delivery and unauthorised alterations. Therefore, information expressed in this message is not given or endorsed by AstraZeneca UK Limited unless otherwise notified by an authorised representative independent of this message. No contractual relationship is created by this message by any person unless specifically indicated by agreement in writing other than email.
Monitoring: AstraZeneca UK Limited may monitor email traffic data and content for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime, ensuring the security of our computer systems and checking Compliance with our Code of Conduct and Policies.